The MBSR course is designed to introduce mindfulness meditation practice as a way of reducing stress and developing greater balance, control, and fuller participation in your life. Mindfulness is a way of learning to relate directly to whatever is happening in your life including the challenges of stress, pain, illness, and everyday demands. The MBSR course is highly experiential and participatory. Classes include instruction in a variety of mindfulness meditation practices, gentle stretching, mindful yoga, and guided individual and group inquiry.
- Understand the role of stress and reactivity in health and healing.
- Cultivate mindful awareness through several different types of meditation practices.
- Recognize negative patterns of reactivity triggered by stressors, and utilize mindfulness to develop alternative responses to stress.
- Develop the ability to move non-judgmental, mindful awareness into the ordinary activities of daily life, such as eating, working, exercising, etc.
- Apply mindfulness to cultivate a deeper connection with your body, emotions, and relationships with others.